HMX4 Mercury filled flanged – HART – ATEX – SIL2 – PLd
- The HMX4 series of Gefran, are pressure transmitters for use in High-temperature environments and specifically designed for melt pressure measurement and available only to be used in large-scale fixed installations or in large-scale stationary industrial tools, typically extruders, or for laboratory B2B equipment for R&D purposes according to the European Directive 2011/65/EU.
- The HMX4 series of Gefran is flanged pressure transmitters with HART communication protocol for use in high-temperature environments with explosive atmosphere presence.
- The main characteristic of this series is the capability to read the temperature of the media up to 400°C.
- The constructive principle is based on the hydraulic transmission of the pressure.
- The fluid-filled system assures temperature stability.
- The physical measure is transformed into an electrical measure by means of strain-gauge technology.
- The SIL2 and PL d approvals make the product suitable for use in the Functional Safety applications, particularly in the process plants for the production of polymers, where it is an essential requirement.
- Pressure ranges from: 0-17 to 0-2000 bar/0-250 to 0-30000 psi
- Thick film extensimetric measurement principle
- Accuracy: < ±0.25% FS (H); < ±0.5% FS (M)
- SIL2 and PL d approvals for Functional Safety
- ATEX certification for potentially explosive atmospheres
- Flanged version
- Protection level: IP66 (6-pin connector)
- 1/2-20UNF, M18x1.5 standard threads; other types available on request
- Standard diaphragm is 15-5 PH stainless steel with GTP+ coating
- 17-7 PH corrugated stainless steel diaphragm with GTP+ coating for ranges below 100 bar-1500 psi
- Other diaphragm types available on request