IX IMPACT fluid free – 4…20mA output – ATEX
- The "IMPACT" series of Gefran, are pressure transmitters, without transmission fluid, for use in high-temperature environments (350°C).
- Medium pressure is transferred directly to the sensitive silicon element via a thick diaphragm. Strain is transduced by a micro-worked silicon structure (MEMS).
The operating principle is piezoresistive.
- "IMPACT" is Gefran’s exclusive series of high-temperature pressure sensors that use the piezoresistive principle.
- The main characteristic of "IMPACT" sensors is that they do not contain any transmission fluid. The sensitive element, directly positioned behind the contact membrane, is realized in silicon through microprocessing techniques.
- The microstructure includes the measurement membrane and piezoresistors.
- The minimum deflection required by the sensitive element makes it possible to use very robust mechanics.
- The process contact membrane can be up to 15 times thicker than the membrane used in traditional Melt sensors.
- Pressure ranges: 0-100 to 0-1000 bar / 0-1500 to 0-15000 psi
- Accuracy: < ±0.25% FS (H); < ±0.5% FS (M)
- Standard threading 1/2-20UNF, M18x1.5; other versions on request
- Other types of diaphragms are available on request
- Autozero function on board / external option
- 15-5 PH stainless steel diaphragm GTP+ coated