|Controller (CPA preferred)
Thermal Technology Distribution Solutions (“TTDS”) was recently founded as a platform for the distribution of industrial temperature management and related products. Simultaneously with its founding, TTDS completed its first acquisition of Big Chief Inc. (“BC” or the “Company”), a leading independent distributor of electric process heating and temperature control products for the industrial market located in Cincinnati, Ohio. BC has been in business since 1962 and is well regarded for its technical expertise, customer service, and custom fabrication capabilities, and its customers are primarily manufacturers serving a diverse range of end markets, including consumer staples, water and infrastructure, automotive, specialty polymer & resin, building materials, and general industrial. The private equity owned business is positioned well to grow organically and through additional acquisitions.
The Controller will manage the accounting operations of the company, including financial reporting, financial planning and analysis, payroll, and day-to-day treasury functions. Partnering with the CFO to transition the finance function from a family-owned environment to a more scalable and strategically focused function, while maintaining strong internal controls to safeguard its assets and ensure the accuracy of financial reporting, will be critical to success.
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines and strong internal controls.
- Manages the accuracy and productivity of day–to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting and Operations.
- Develops, completes and issues timely and accurate financial reports for Company officers.
- Develops a comprehensive financial, planning, and analysis function, that provides valuable insights into the performance of the business, reliable forecasts, and strong key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Interfaces with outside audit firm, banks, and other 3rd party service providers.
- Maintains financial software, financial files and records.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting practices including budget analysis, preparation of financial statements; and accounting software.
- In depth experience in Excel and strong PowerPoint skills.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains personnel as needed.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations and feedback.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; or business degree with accounting concentration required.
- Minimum 10 years work experience with increasing responsibility and team supervisory experience required.
- Previous accounting management / controller roles are critical to success in this role.
- Preference for candidates who have worked as controller or senior level accountant in a private equity owned business.
- Preference for candidates who have acquisition / purchase accounting experience.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
TTDS and Big Chief provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.